Friday, September 2, 2011

Who knew sweating could feel so good?

I recently joined a new gym called Agoya Fitness Studio (agoyafitness.com) and I LOVE it!  Working out has always been a passion of mine.  I love the feeling I get after getting my ass kicked in a boot camp or sweating my butt off in a hot yoga class.  In the past, I have let life get in the way of working out and never could find enough time to do it (so I said...).  But this summer I really have tried committing fully.  I joined this gym because they offer over 50 classes a week that fit into anybody's schedule.  I can go before work, on lunch, or after I am done work for the day.  

Hot yoga would have to be my new favourite class.  I had done a hot class years ago but since joining this gym, I try to go at least twice a week.  The classroom's temperature is set at 104 degrees and lasts about an hour.  The heat helps you flow from pose to pose and also aids in flexibility.  When I leave the class I look like a drowned rat but I feel AMAZING.  I feel cleansed and relaxed mind, body and soul.  I highly recommend everyone trying hot yoga at least once.  It is definitely not for everyone but one class will help you determine that.  If you do try one of these classes, make sure to bring a towel and a bottle of water... you will need it!



No comments:

Post a Comment