Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saying goodbye to another year...

As we get closer to another year ending, I can't help but to look back on 2012 and wonder, "did I live each day to its fullest potential?"  We are given one life to live so instead of sitting back and letting our days slip by, we should be embracing every breath we take... 

2012 was a bit of a rough year for me. Don't get me wrong I made a lot of new amazing memories, met a lot of incredible people and learned a lot about myself... Although it was a rocky year in health, relationships, etc.. I survived and grew stronger from these experiences.  Life has a funny way of testing you and keeping you on your toes... You get to points on this journey called life where you must reinvented yourself because the path has changed... Today, while being lazy watching One Tree Hill, I heard these quotes and it summed up 2012 for me perfectly...

Lucas: And Hansel said to Gretal: "Let us drop these bread crumbs, so that together we find our way home, because losing our way would be the most cruel of things." This year I lost my way. 
Nathan: And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But losing your reason for the journey... is a fate more cruel. 
Peyton: The journey lasted eight months. Sometimes I traveled alone. Sometimes there were others who took the wheel, and took my heart. But when the destination was reached, it wasn't me who'd arrived. It wasn't me at all. 
Brooke: And once you lose yourself, you have two choices. Find the person you used to be, or lose that person completely. 
Mouth: Because sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been, and remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are. 

I think many of us lose our way from time to time and it can be hard to find our way back... but what I have learned is not to be afraid of falling off the path... don't be afraid if you get lost once in awhile and never be afraid to embrace the new journey you embark on.  Don't have regrets... take your mistakes and learn from them and then throw them away... 

As I have stated many times throughout my blog, I believe that things happen for a reason.   I believe that this year has taught me that life can be scary and growing up can be terrifying... but it also can be truly AMAZING!  So instead of hiding under the blankets waiting for the days to pass, get out of bed and make mistakes!  Mistakes mean you are living and we were put on this earth to do just that!  The people I have met on my journey have taught me how to live and I will forever be thankful for the experiences, chats, and memories I made because of them.  All these things made me the person I am today... Although I got a little lost, I was able to find my way home! 

So as I say goodbye to 2012, I am ready to embark on a new journey in 2013.  I am ready to make mistakes, live my life, have no regrets and reinvent myself!








No comments:

Post a Comment