Monday, April 15, 2013

Heavy heart...

Today I decided I wanted to write a blog post.  I had a topic in mind and I was ready to just write.  But then I heard the tragic news of the Boston Marathon and I realized my venting over something so trivial was pointless.  My heart is so heavy for those involved.  Tragedy such as this one and the Newtown shooting really makes me question humanity and unfortunately my faith.  Don't get me wrong, I believe in God.. at least in some form.  But I question how a greater being can allow innocent people to be faced with such tragic events.

Children are the most innocent souls and deserve a chance to live.  They don't deserve to have their last memory be one of fear.

I know I say this ALL the time, but life is so unpredictable and so short.  Just the other day I attended a funeral to celebrate a life of a young man who got caught up in the evil world of addictions.  His life was taken from him too soon and right at the time that he was ready to get the help he needed.  It just seems unfair.

I've been trying to live my life doing all the things I love and with the people I love.  I have been trying to not get caught up in negativity and trying to stay positive.  Some days are harder than others.. especially when you hear of such tragedies.  But during these sad times, we have to remember the value of our lives.  Do we want to spend the last day in a fight with a friend or family member or being stressed out about something at work??

I believe that everyday we get to wake up, we are blessed.  Everyday we go to work, we are blessed.  Rain, snow, sunshine, no matter what weather, we are alive.

So I ask that anyone who reads this, remember how it is a privilege for you to be here right now.  Don't take that for granted.  Instead of stressing, be happy that you are living.

Don't get caught up in gossip, drama, and negativity.  It's not worth it.  People will talk, people will judge... It is up to ourselves to not let it get to us and not to get involved in it.  Don't allow anyone to control your life... you are the one behind the wheel.  Make sure you go in the direction that makes you happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment