Monday, August 26, 2013


I found this quote on Pinterest and absolutely loved it.  I find that in life people tend to focus too much time and energy on the so-called "BIG things".  Careers, mortgages, money, etc... we stress about the big things and sometimes forget about the simple things in life.

Just the other day I looked at my student line of credit and thought, "How the heck am I ever going to pay that off?"  I had a mini panic attack but then after talking to the people close to me, they made me realize that, ya I may be paying this off for quite some time but, at least I am still able to do things and live my life.  Slowly but surely that line of credit will dwindle away but that doesn't mean stopping my life until it does.  

This past year I got to make some incredible memories with my favourite people.  I attended my very first Country Music Award Festival in Nashville, I travelled to New York City at Christmas time with my twin, I lived like a hippie for a weekend at the Gentlemen of the Road Stopover, and in two weeks I'll be renting an RV and surfing the coast of Cali with my boy.  I feel blessed to have these opportunities.  

But not only did I get to travel and see some of my favourite artists perform, I also have a lot of memories of the simple pleasures that I appreciate almost more.  Hammock cuddles with my best friend,  bike rides with the hubby at the cottage, Tuesday visits with my girl Erica out in Bluepoint, paddle boarding with new friends, watching my brother-in-law win the Canadian National in motocross, jet skiing at sunset, 11am visitors to my office, local concerts with my parents, outdoor movie nights with the family, dancing in the rain with my twin, rainy nights listening to records, swimming in the waves in Bright's Grove, long chats with my texan, playing outside with my nieces and nephews, and my list goes on.

Life is full of unexpected moments and unexpected memories.  Make sure you open your eyes wide enough to really appreciate those moments!  For its been said that what seems like the little things now, can be the big things later.

So as I end this post I ask that you mentally make a list of little things you need to do more of... Things that make you appreciate the life you were given.

Here is my list...

Things I want to do more of...

-admire the stars
-buy more flowers
-read more books
-swim in the waves
-nap in my hammock
-try new things (maybe kite boarding will be next)
-worry less
-yoga
-running
-cartwheels
-midnight swims
-wakeboarding
-girls nights in
-candy runs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment