Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Surrounded by love...

It's crazy how at one point in your life you can feel so lost and think that you will never find your way... your purpose. Then all of a sudden, one day you wake up and you are looking at the world differently.  You realize that that lost puppy you once were has found it's place.

For awhile I used my blog as an outlet to vent.. a way to try and find myself.  It was encouraging to know that I was not alone in this unfamiliar place.  Many people wrote me kind emails and messages thanking me for the posts for they too were feeling slightly lost.  I think sometimes when we get stuck in this place, we feel like we are alone and no one truly understands.  But the truth is, no matter who you are, you have been here before and most of us can relate. 

I hate to say it but I sometimes feel sad for humanity.  People are so quick to judge and make opinions.  I myself have had people in my life judge me for things they never would fully understand. I use to care and sometimes I still get a little insecure but then a friend sent me the quote posted below and it made me open my eyes a little wider and realize that if I'm comfortable with who I am, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says.  

Life is like a puzzle and I finally feel like my pieces are finding its place.  I am unique.  I am different.  We all are.  I love taking and posting photos.... once I start working out, I become obsessed... I can be immature and act silly... I am a big kid... my favourite piece of clothing is a boy's sweatshirt... I would rather listen to vinyl then anything else... I drink wine at least 3 nights a week... I cry almost every time I finish a book... If i could, I would eat cereal for every meal... My family is the most important to me... I'm a homebody... I wish Neverland was a real place... I have a weird obsession with zombies... I am very competitive in almost everything I do... and my cat is one of my best friends... 

All these things and more make me who I am and I am proud of the person I have become.  I try hard to be the best version of myself and to be kind to everyone I meet.  It is easy to get caught up in the drama and gossip but I have been making a conscious effort to stay out of it.  It is poisonous to our well being and not worth it.  

I have realized over the past few months how important it is to surround yourself with the right people.  The people that will bring you up and help you be the best you.  This past weekend I hung out with some of my favourite people.  I had an amazing weekend filled with laughter, excitement, and unforgettable memories.  There was not one bit of drama... not one negative comment.  It was a perfect weekend.  I feel like I am lucky to have these people surround me and I look forward to many more memories...  And yes, I probably will take photos of those memories because that is who I am and I am not ashamed of it.  One day I can look back and have a journal of pictures that will make me smile because I was surrounded by love!

Thank Kristin :)




No comments:

Post a Comment