Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HAPPILY EVER AFTER <3


I met my husband almost 5 years ago.  I was working at Boston Pizza as a bartender and he was one of our many regulars.  He always ordered the same thing, Penne Alfredo with chicken breast and a pepsi. :)   One day he asked if I would be interested in playing for his baseball team.  He was definitely a flirt and a crush formed quickly.  After a few weeks we were spending more and more time together until we were basically inseparable.

November 14, 2009.  This was the day Jeffrey proposed.  It was one of the hottest days of the year which was not normal for the middle of November.  This was also Jeffrey's birthday.  He asked me to play baseball in Brigden with him and his friends.  I was tired and not really feeling it but decided to go anyways.  I showed up at the diamond and not one person was there.  Suddenly my cell phone rang and it was Jeffrey telling me to go to 1st base.  I did as I was told and found a note.  The note lead me to second base, then to third and finally home... at home base, Jeffrey appeared on one knee and asked me to marry him.  :)  I laughed and of course said YES!

Picture taken at my sister's house right after he proposed!  I was dressed to play baseball.. haha!


September 4, 2010.  This was the day I married my best friend.  I wasn't big on traditional weddings and I wanted our day to be about the things we loved.  So Jeffrey and I decided to do just that.  We got married on a small baseball diamond at his parents place.  It was perfect considering our history we have with baseball ;)

The day started a little rough.  Our ceremony was outdoors with a white tent reception.  Not the best scenario for cold and windy weather.  But everything turned out perfect.  The clouds were thick that day but as our ceremony rolled on, the clouds seemed to part and the sun shone through just as we said "I do!"  I decided to give pashmina scarves as one of our wedding favours and it really came in handy.  The guests absolutely LOVED the scarves and most wore them all night due to the cooler weather.  We also decided to set up a fire pit with haystacks for seating and this ended up being a big hit later in the night.

For our food, we decided to do appetizers with bowls of pad thai as well.  Thai food has always been a favourite of mine so our caters were great to find a way to incorporate it.  We also decided to put wine and beer in buckets on all the tables.  Wine on the tables is something everyone does but I know many people (especially guys) who don't really care for wine.  So when the bar closes they sit for hours without a drink.  By putting the buckets of beer on the tables, I was able to accommodate all my guests.

Because our wedding was on my husbands parents property, we wanted to reduce the waste as much as possible.  So I decided to give each guest a disposable cup with their name on it.  The guests were informed that as long as they kept their cups, they could drink for free all night.  If they lost the cup, they would have to pay $2 for a new cup.  This method worked AMAZING!!  We saved a lot of cleanup in the morning!

I could keep writing about my dream day but pictures tell the story a million times better.  So here you go... Pictures from the BEST day of my life!

















No comments:

Post a Comment