Friday, November 18, 2011

E.T. Phone home!

Today I thought I would dedicate a post to my favourite furry friend.. well sort of furry friend.. GOOBER!


Goober was given to Jeffrey and I as a wedding present from my family.  We got him just days after the wedding and he has been the best addition to our new little family :)  Goober is a one of a kind cat with a spunky attitude!  I like to think he is part cat, monkey, and dog.  Like ALL Devon Rex cats, he is very loyal, cuddly, and unique!


What's not to love about this little creature... :)





























I began my obsession with Devon Rex's when I was around 10 years old.  I remember seeing a Bell commercial at Christmas time.  In the commercial was this girl sitting on the couch surrounded by these weird looking cats.  From that day on I was obsessed.  I just had to have one.  So, I saved my money and a year later I bought my first Devon Rex, Waverly :)

Waverly is 18 years old now and still going strong.  She does however have a "cat" form of breast cancer therefore, it was decided it was best she stay with my parents instead of trying to adapt to a new kitten and new home at her age.  I am still her "person" though and she gets very excited when I go over to visit.  She is amazing!






No comments:

Post a Comment